Subject: Proposal letter for Sponsorship of Mobile Cancer Screening Bus The Collective Power of One – International & Global Research and Cancer Foundation Partnership.
The Collective Power of One -International (CPOI) and Global Cancer Foundation (GCF) partnership are proud to realize massive and impressive results with our initial efforts at education and lifestyle modification, screening and prevention of certain malignancies for the marginalized populations in developing nations. Work has begun in India and Ethiopia. See results in India outline in the following pages with just one mobile Cancer Screening unit!
CPOI is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, registered in the United States of America. CPOI focuses on health through education and community development while addressing the root cause of illness, utilizing a “Systems” approach. Thus, empowering lives and societies to self-sufficiency and sustainability, while causing a generational change. GCF focuses on research and education. GCF is registered under section 25(1) of the Company’s Act of India, with the vision to provide CURE, CARE and COMPASSION to the needy patients fighting cancer, illuminating their lives with hope, compassion and empathy.
We are now ready and prepared to launch our 2nd mobile unit for which we invite you to partner and invest for the greater cause of humanity. It is truly a “Collective”!
Please make checks payable to: CPOI
1425 Pine Forest Dr.
Pearland, TX 77581 USA
Please make checks payable to: CPOI
1425 Pine Forest Dr.
Pearland, TX 77581
Dr. Sathya S. Kalangi MD
Dr. Chinnababu Sunkavalli. M.S,
COLLECTIVE POWER OF ONE-INTERNATIONAL – GLOBAL CANCER FOUNDATION MOBILE CANCER SCREENING PROJECT
Mobile Cancer Screening Bus for CPOI
Project Summary, illuminating their lives with hope, compassion and empathy. This would happen by enlarging our networks to create awareness among the downtrodden and the needy, educate them with videos and presentations, distribute medicines at no cost, research that alleviate this disease, counseling the needy, cancer treatments in smaller towns and villages, we believe in addressing the issue holistically for the overall wellbeing of individuals and the society at large.
As Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in this country, we envisage addressing this disease at the root level. Most of the breast cancers are diagnosed in 3rd or 4thstage (70%). Even though we have a very effective scientifically proven method for early detection of breast cancer through screening, the facility is not available to the majority of society.
Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in rural India. This can be detected very early through simple screening tests like Pap smear. Unfortunately, rural women do not have access to screening facilities.
Similarly, in males, most common cancers are the oral cavity and lung cancers. These two cancers can be easily detected very early. Simple oral examination and x-ray of chest can detect these cancers very early.
Lifestyle modification can reduce the incidence of cancers significantly. In this regard.
- To create awareness about the cause and prevention of Cancer thereby making a meaningful and significant impact on peoples’ lives
- To provide education on lifestyle modification, early detection, treatment, support and help for the needy. Our Objectives
- We believe that every person on earth, irrespective of their caste, creed, religion and financial status, has equal right to treatment. We intend to create an organization that helps people around the globe in their quest to conquer Cancer.
- To mobilize charitable, educational and medical activities to boost public awareness on Cancer, its symptoms and treatments.
- To promote translational research in oncology, allied sciences and integrative medicine related to prevention, detection, treatment and epidemiology of cancer
- To undertake programs, in collaboration with government and non-government organizations, that enhances the quality of health in cancer patients.
- To develop cancer screening facilities and to make them accessible to the general public from all sections of the society.
- To contribute to education, scientific research and development activities. To mobilize funds for the needy patients diagnosed with any type of cancer. No patients should be deprived of treatment for lack of financial support.
- To organize scientific meetings, seminars, conferences towards promotion of cancer knowledge base
- To run community-based Cancer awareness programs and spread the Cancer knowledge across the globe.
Name/Description of Oversight Organization
- Local NGO’s and CSR of various companies.
- Cell phone Operators Association of India (COAI)
- Various local hospitals and charitable institutions.
- Collective Power of One – International (CPOI)
- WHO says, 1 in every 10 Indian at risk of getting cancer before the age of 75
- Nearly 7 lakh (700,000) Indians die of cancer every year
- Every 10 lakhs (1,000,000) are newly diagnosed with some form of the disease • In 2012, the diagnoses of cancer were 4.77 lakh men and 5.37 lakh women
- Common cancer among men are lip and oral cavity.
- For women, it is breast cancer. In India, breast cancer is becoming the leading killer. Even todaymore than 70% of patients present at an advanced stage. Breast cancer is the MOST COMMON CANCER and accounts for 25% to 31% of all cancers in women in India.
- According to GLOBOCAN (WHO), for the year 2012, an estimated 70218 women died in India due to breast cancer, more than any other country in the world.
- (Second: China – 47984 deaths, third: US – 43909 deaths). Notice the difference in numbers!
- We are witnessing an AGE SHIFT, and the average age of developing breast cancer has shifted from 50 – 70 years to 30 – 50 years; and cancers in the young tend to be more aggressive.
- Lack of awareness of breast cancer, lack of screening:
- Breast cancer is a non-existent entity for a majority of population till a near and dear one suffers from it. Healthcare is low on priority and even in major cities, screening is also an ‘Alien’ word for most people. So naturally, this results in most people presenting only when symptomatic, and on an average, most ‘symptomatic’ cancers are stage 2B and
- Breast cancers (read more than 75%) present in stages 1 and 2, resulting in good survival; and there is an ever-increasing number of patients presenting with mammography detected cancer, with no symptoms. India needs to reach this achievement, and it is only with aggressive promotion of screening and awareness and proper treatment that India will achieve this; This will take at least a few decades to reproduce similar results.
- In this project, CPOI will increase and deepen relationships with new partnering NGO’s and volunteers; develop training and guidance awareness; research; early detection. We intend to cater to the needy section of the society through awareness campaigns, screening for cancer.
- The main objective is to utilize the existing method of early detection of breast cancer by self- examination and Mammogram. For this, we would conduct field-based screening tests so that the vulnerable population is addressed at their doorstep. This program will be executed through teleradiology. Our expert Radiologist would review and report the mammograms online. With the potential to link the digital image transfer through to a specialist reporting center, it is also an opportunity to bring subspecialty breast imaging expertise to more of the population.
- Cervical Cancer: Lifestyle modification, education/awareness and Screening Pap Smears
- The staff would also be expanded to oversee the expanding projects.
- New partnerships will be developed to stay in line with emerging trends.
- In order to reach more people massive travel plans to train and educate people will be made
- We are looking for mobile transportation with hospice care to cater to the various needs of thepeople primarily early detection.
- Our aim is to reduce cancer morbidity and mortality by improving access to screening for women in hard to reach or medically-underserved communities.
- We would like to re-engage with volunteers to help us achieve our objectives.
- Cancer Research
- Cancer Prevention
- Early Detection
- Cure & Rehabilitation
- Education and Awareness
- Lifestyle modification, nutrition, wellness
- Environment education and awareness
- We intend to have a mobile cancer screening bus for every district of Telangana and AndhraPradesh and shortly to the neighboring states and to all the states throughout India and beyond.
- Global Research Cancer Foundation was inaugurated on the 15th December 2013 by the then Director General of Police, Shri Prasada Rao.
- More than 450 Cancer awareness and screening camps across the country thus far. The main area of focus is on creating awareness among all sections of society. We have conducted such camps in remote slum areas, corporate offices, and various scientific forums.
- More than 10 Lakh people are addressed on awareness.
- Cancer Screening was conducted on more than 25,000 people.
- We are the Guinness record holder for the largest screening for breast cancer. About 2,790women underwent simultaneous self-examination for breast cancer at Guntur on Feb. 20th 2016.
- Active in promoting awareness and lifestyle modification to prevent cancer.
- Early cancer detection: Massive screening programs for primarily- breast, cervical, oral and lung cancers.
- More than 2 lakhs people have been screened thus far.
- About 600 breast cancers were screen-detected and treated in the recent one year.
- More than 125 cervical cancers were detected by Pap-based screening.
- Honored to win the prestigious Limca book of records-2016 for conducting
- Largest number of PAP smears for Cervical Cancers on a single day consisting of 1250 Liquid-based PAP smears.
- International conferences and Workshops for research on the Impact of EMF Emission fromMobile Towers and Handsets in association with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
- Significant impact on other Non-communicable diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension was achieved. Thousands were detected to have Diabetes and Hypertension for the first time.
- Education on lifestyle modification is implemented and adopted by thousands of lives.
- Screening camps. Grace Mobile Cancer Screening campaign has been very successful in reachingout to the unreached. Mobile Cancer Screening is done at the doorstep of the underprivileged.
- Over 413 cancer events conducted: Awareness talks, Mobile Cancer Screening Camps, Free Surgical Oncology and Medical Oncology camps.
- Provide dedicated, evidence-based cancer screening to all sections of society.
- Aim to screen 3,000,000 lives: Awareness and understanding; Early detection and screening
- Enable correct decision making and selecting optimum modalities of treatment.
- Lifestyle modifications. (oral, lung, breast and cervical cancers)
The budget required for this project is INR 15, 00, 00, 00.
Any additional amount shall be borne by Grace Cancer foundation.
There are very few nonprofit organizations focused on cancer and very few involved in research and awareness in India. But CPOI-Grace Cancer Foundation partnership is unique in that it is designed to reach the larger masses to educate, counsel, provide medical help and financially support the various spectra in the society mainly the ones who are economically and financially backward. Early diagnosis helps in saving lives and reduces financial burden on the country.
FUTURE FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
The CPOI-GCF partnership has been built on strong pillars of service. ClinSync Clinical Research Pvt Limited will be the key supporter of all the activities including salaries: driver, nurse, technician; vehicle maintenance etc. COAI has signed an MOU for its services. Minimum guarantee of 6 lakhs and Maximum of 12 lakhs is assured. TANA foundation has committed 25 events funding in a year. Apart from these sources, many Philanthropic friends and well-wishers who contribute by means of donations are committed. We intend to organize many fund-raising events in order to support our activities.
CPOI is seeking sponsors for this ambitious project. The approximate cost for one mobile screening bus is $230,700.00 or INR 15,000,000(One crore, fifty lakh).
- The Sponsor’s name will be displayed on the for 25 lakhs.
- Part donations are welcome and accordingly name shall be displayed based on the amount sponsored.
- Tax deduction statements will be provided for the contributions made.
Buses have been ordered and fabrication work is going on at Deccan Engineering works, Nagole, Hyderabad. We look forward to your support for the same.
Collective Power of One – International 133 N. Friendswood Dr. # 315 Friendswood, TX 77546
Tel: 281-425-9366/ 832-466-1547