Curriculum Vitae of GEORGE JACOB- Architect
I am a qualified Architect with more than 35 years of experience as a practicing Architect:
- 1990–to present, as founding principal of Carambiah &George, an Architectural Consulting firm based in Bangalore with a design studio which employs senior project architects, assistant architects and supporting staff and is currently engaged in a range of institutional and residential projects across
- 1980 –1989. as founding partner of Architectural Consulting Firm set up in New Mumbai, whose good will and legacy was transferred to C&G.
- 1977 -1980—worked in leading Architectural firms in Mumbai
Though I have been involved, as practicing architect, in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects, my area of special interest and expertise has been in institutional projects in the health care and educational sectors which have enabled me to gain insights, skill-set and experience into the following
- a sound understanding of historical and contemporary theories of design which has helped me to formulate my personal philosophy and approach to architectural design, which in turn enables me to respond with creative, effective and contextually appropriate design response to diverse challenges of design and physical planning of built environments
- thorough understanding of functional planning requirements of many building types especially of health care and educational facilities.
- intellectual capacity to research, analyze and to quantify/ document variables and parameters that impact the design and execution of a project
- attitudinal temperament and communication skills and techniques to interact with Clients to generate original and exciting conceptual
- preparing effective presentations to communicate conceptual vision, comprehensive , detailed project design brief documentation, budgetary cost estimations and reports,
- knowledge of development regulations/codes and related matters
- good grasp of the principles of engineering and technical design of structural and utility service systems and extensive experience in collaborating with engineering consultants and specialists
- management skills in leading creative and technical teams towards achieving high standards of excellence in design and system integration
- Extensive experience and knowledge of bid/contract documentation and management of project construction
Areas of Interest
I have an abiding and passionate interest in all fields of design related to the built environment and by implication in the larger contexts of social, environmental and developmental issues, in pursuance of which I am involved in the following as a
- member and active participant in groups of professionals and creative individuals in related fields to monitor and access cutting edge developments in design and technology.
- visiting Faculty and Member of Board of Studies at architectural college, BVB Karnataka seeking opportunities to be engaged with the youth and to contribute to the development of the
- thesis Guide to students of architecture of various colleges in South India
I have travelled in India and abroad with a special focus on studying specific building types of interest to me as well as urban development and growth.
I am a keen student of developmental issues in India, specifically of the rural – urban population shifts and corresponding accelerated urbanization and seeks to participate in advocacy groups to contribute to formulation of government policies
Graduated as Bachelor of Architecture (Hons.) with distinction form I.I.T Kharagpur in 1977 School
General Certificate of Education, Cambridge, 1971 Luanshya Secondary School, Luanshya,
Date of Birth – 09-Aug-1953 ● Place of Birth- Jaffna (Sri Lanka) ● Citizenship- Indian●
- Marital Status: Married
George Jacob, Carambiah & George, 6 Plain Street, Bangalore 560001. India Phone; office land lines +918022861836●+918022863164 ● mobile +919844033931 e-mail ●firstname.lastname@example.org ● email@example.com● www.cgaei.com●