- Organisational Development, Operational Strategy, Impact & Effectiveness outcomes in Project Management.
- Over 25 years of health & development operations. Experience in team building, networking, negotiations, vendor management, problem solving, creative thinking and managing change.
Dec 2013 – To date Adjunct Staff & Consultant , Sahaara Charitable Society & ACT, Mumbai.
- Design programmes for restoring vulnerable individuals and empowering communities.
- Coordinate donor visits to the field with various stakeholders across vulnerable regions.
- Staff training,supervison & mentoring to establish quality outcomes of relevance and impact Member of 2 Boards to advice Organisational strategy, operations and management.
Jul 12 – Nov 13 National Director-Programmes & India Coordinator Stop the Traffik, Oasis India.
- Team lead and Evaluation of a anti human trafficking programme in Assam.
- Design & Coordinate programmes across the country to reduce poverty in 3 cities & 1 rural block.
- Develop Strategic partnerships and alliances locally, nationally and globally.
- Leadership development and Staff mentoring to establish succession.
- Coordinated track on Anti human trafficking for Call to Justice & Compassion Conference – Nov’ 13.
Jan 11 – Jun 12 Country Head, Stop The Traffick-India & Community Programmes, Oasis India
- Design and implement programmes for community development.
- Fundraising, donor development, project proposals and reporting.
- Initiated a forum against trafficking and management – Stop the Traffik India.
- Coordinate and implemented a consortium pilot for UK Govt. Aid and ILO to prevent trafficking in the domestic and garment sectors across 5 states.
Mar 09 – Dec 10 Country Head, Transition Care, Oasis India
- Managed multi-disciplinary rehabilitation programmes for HIV/Trafficked individuals.
- Donor reporting and Liaison with three large donor agencies.
- Restructured operations for strategic impact and reduced costs.
- Developed organisational competence in care and rehabilitation.
- Developed counselling protocols, case audits, referral and reintegration processes.
Feb 06 – Mar 09 National Director Health & Rehabilitation, Oasis India
- Initiated a health and rehabilitation programme for trafficked persons in partnership with Government departments of women & children in Mumbai and Bangalore with USAID.
- Replicated programmes and interstate collaborative approach to rehabilitation.
- Developed health as a core competency as critical intervention for poverty reduction.
- Fundraising and donor relations in the UK and USA.
Apr 04 – Jan 06 Mumbai City Director, Oasis India
- Leadership of Oasis in Mumbai, managed community development, residential rehabilitation, street children outreach, vocational training centres and rehabilitation of women in prostitution.
- Coordinated and supported relief operations during the Mumbai floods of 2005.
- Initiated and implemented child protection as an integral approach in all programmes.
- Developed corporate functions for greater organisational effectiveness.
Apr 02 – Mar 04 Project Co-ordinator, Purnata Bhavan & Assoc. City Director, Oasis India
- Assisted the City Director in running Oasis operations at Mumbai and Board reporting.
- Coordinated a Best Practices workshop in the care of PWHA’s
- Liased with outside agencies and manage various departments and Projects.
- Represented the organisation both locally and nationally.
- Coordinated with the Global leadership team to establish ethos and branding.
- Managed international visitors and short term volunteers.
- Asset and facilities Management for the organisation and its properties.
Sep 01- Mar 02 Project Coordinator-Purnata Bhavan, Oasis India
- Coordinated residential rehabilitation programme based in Igatpuri from Mumbai.
- Supervised day to day field operations and case management for care and support of PWHA’s.
- Developed a telemedicine programme for PWHA’s with local, national and global partnerships.
- Managed and followed up the reintegration process of rehabilitated individuals.
- Coordinated relief volunteer teams for the Gujarat Earthquake.
May 99 – Aug 01 Mumbai Coordinator, Purnata Bhavan, Oasis India
- Part of pioneering team that set up a residential rehabilittion project for PWHA’s near Mumbai.
- Developed 20,000 sft care facility on a 5.5 Acre estate in liaison with building professionals.
- Developed protocols of care and services for PWHA’s and associated infectious diseases.
- Programme management and coordination between referral agencies and hospitals.
- Community visits for referral assessments and develop suitable care plans.
- Networked with various agencies, hospitals and other care facilities across the country.
Apr 95 – Jun 98 Associate Consultant, Dr George Neelankavil & Associates, Madras
- Facilities design and execution for events and establishments.
- Sourcing and Development of various products and services.
- Execution of services on contractual basis and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Nov 91 – May 95 Project Engineer, KJ Hospital Research & Post Graduate Centre, Madras Managed hospital systems like firefighting, pollution control, bio-medical waste Management.
- Design and execution of technical environments for equipment and treatment facilities.
- Set up organ donor and recipient management system.
- Developed innovative patient care services in coordination with specialists and Consultants.
Mar 90 – Oct 91 Trainee Engineer, Southern Railway, Madras
Construction and Management of railway lines and infrastructure. Oct 88 – Jan 90 Apprentice Architect, A C Rajan & Associates, Madras Training and practice in architectural projects.
- Diploma in Advanced Studies – Healthcare Management in Tropical Countries (March-June 2015) Swiss Tropical & Public Health Institute, University of Basel, Switzerland
- PG Diploma in Hospital Administration (1992) – KJ College of Continuing Medical Education Chennai, India.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (1990), Board Of Technical Education, Chennai, India.
- Hands that Heal – An anti-human trafficking care programme. July 2014, FAAST, Mumbai. (1 week)
- Principles & Practices of Epidemiology. July 2014 – Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. (1 week)
- Leadership in Mental Health & Complex Health Interventions. November 2012 – Sangath, Goa, India & London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. (3 weeks)
- Child Development (weekend course). June 2009 – March 2010, Alpha Academy, Mumbai, India.
- Research Methods. November 2008 – Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. (1 week)
- Counselling Skills ( Modular training), 2004-07, P to P Counselling, Hyderabad, Gateway Ministries, Mumbai, India and Run free Ministries, Leithbridge, Canada.
- Certificate in Project Management, September 2002 -February 2003 – S P Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai, India.
- Counselling Training for PLHA’s. December 1999 – Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. (1 week)
- Leadership Development. July – March 1998-99. Antioch Training Centre, Mumbai, India. (9 months)
Date of Birth: 4th January 1966
Address: C-1304 Jal Vayu V ihar Sector A, Ridge Street, Hiranandani Gardens,
Powai, Mumbai 400076,India.
Gender & Status: Male & married with 2 children
References: Provided on request